To Thomas Voigt
Monticello May 20. 13.
On my return from a journey after an absence of 3. weeks I found here mr Patterson’s letter of Apr. 24. covering your bill for the clock, amount 115. D 50 C, and I have this day desired messrs Gibson & Jefferson of Richmond, my correspondents there, to remit you that sum immediately, which I hope will get safe to hand. mr Patterson writes me you will keep in mind my recommendation of Charlottesville to any young man of skill who may want a station for his business. could a gold watch, good, and moderately ornamented for a lady, be now got in Philadelphia, for a moderate price, say from 80. to 100.D.? accept the assurance of my esteem & respect.
PoC (MHi); at foot of text: “Mr Thos Voigt”; endorsed by TJ.
- Charlottesville, Va.; watchmaker needed in search
- clocks; TJ’s astronomical case clock search
- clocks; watches for TJ’s grandchildren search
- Coolidge, Ellen Wayles Randolph (TJ’s granddaughter); gold watch for search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); payments made for TJ search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Family & Friends; relations with grandchildren search
- Patterson, Robert; and astronomical case clock search
- Patterson, Robert; and watchmaker for Charlottesville search
- Voigt, Thomas; and TJ’s astronomical case clock search
- Voigt, Thomas; and watch for E. W. Randolph (Coolidge) search
- Voigt, Thomas; and watchmaker for Charlottesville search
- Voigt, Thomas; letters to search