To Jeremiah A. Goodman
Monticello Mar. 11. 13.
The blockade of the Chesapeak having sunk the price of flour to 7. Dollars,1 for which I am not disposed to sacrifice mine, and being desirous that my debts in your neighborhood therefore should not be put off for that sale, I have this day written to mr Harrison of Lynchburg to pay you 250.D. on the 7th of April, and I have countermanded the directions to mr Gibson which I had formerly given. Accept my best wishes.
RC (PPRF); addressed: “Mr Jeremiah A. Goodman Poplar Forest near Lynchburg”; franked; postmarked Milton, 12 Mar.PoC (DeHi: Morse Autograph Collection); endorsed by TJ.
1. Reworked from “Bar.”
- Chesapeake Bay; British blockade of search
- flour; price of search
- Gibson, Patrick; payments made for TJ search
- Goodman, Jeremiah Augustus; letters to search
- Goodman, Jeremiah Augustus; Poplar Forest overseer search
- Harrison, Samuel Jordan; buys tobacco from TJ search
- Poplar Forest (TJ’s Bedford Co. estate); Overseers at; and sale of tobacco to S. J. Harrison search
- tobacco; sold to S. J. Harrison search