From Peter Minor
Ridgway Jan: 19. 1813
I received a letter a few days ago from Mr David Watson of Louisa one of the subscribers for the benefit of Mr McClure. He mentions having recd a letter from Mr Dandridge Cashr of the Bank calling on him for $50—& requests some information from me about the matter. Will you be so obliging as to acknowledge the receipt1 of the above mentioned amount which I transmitted thro: Col. Randolph on account of Mr Watson’s subscription, & state for his satisfaction how the matter is to be settled. & oblige Yr Friend &C.
RC (MHi); at foot of text: “Th: Jefferson Esqr”; endorsed by TJ as received 20 Jan. 1813 and so recorded in SJL.
1. Manuscript: “reeceipt.”
- Bank of Virginia (Richmond); and W. McClure’s debt search
- Dandridge, Julius B. search
- McClure (McLure), William; debts of search
- Minor, Peter; and W. McClure’s debts search
- Minor, Peter; letters from search
- Randolph, Thomas Mann (1768–1828) (TJ’s son-in-law; Martha Jefferson Randolph’s husband); subscribes to pay W. McClure’s debts search
- Watson, David; and W. McClure’s debts search