From Lewis A. Pauly
Calf pasture 5h october 1812
under cover of the letter you did me the honor to write the 18th past, I recieved one from Mr Oster inclosing a copy of Mr Tazewell’s consultation in the case of Mae de Beauvois Which coincides in every respect with the opinion your goodness had allready bestowed on the subject; I hope the consul Will not loose any further time to have the proceedings advised immediately instituted; my recommandation to him to that effect, by this mail, gives him also some indications where, I believe, the citizenship of Mrs de Beauvois may be proven.
L. A. Pauly
RC (MHi); at foot of text: “Thoms Jefferson. Esquire”; endorsed by TJ as received 15 Oct. 1812 and so recorded in SJL.
- Oster, Martin; and P. Piernet’s will search
- Palisot de Beauvois, Mary Ann Rouelle (Jean Rouelle’s widow; A. Palisot de Beauvois’s wife); and P. Piernet’s will search
- Pauly, Lewis Abraham; and P. Piernet’s will search
- Pauly, Lewis Abraham; letters from search
- Tazewell, Littleton Waller; and P. Piernet’s will search