To Burgess Griffin
Poplar Forest Sep. 4. 12.
A meeting is appointed at mr Claxton’s on the lands of Yancey and Bradford, formerly a part of this tract, on Wednesday next, the 9th inst. at 10. aclock. in the forenoon, to take depositions in the suit of mr Scott for the lands I sold Samuel Harrison. I have to request the favor of you to attend this meeting, as I wish to take your deposition as to some things which past at the resurvey & the taking the inquest. your compliance will oblige Sir
PoC (ViU: TJP); at foot of text: “Mr Burgess Griffin”; endorsed by TJ.
bradford: William Radford.
- Claxton, Mr. (of Bedford Co.); and TJ’s land dispute with S. Scott search
- Griffin, Burgess; and TJ’s land dispute with S. Scott search
- Griffin, Burgess; letters to search
- Harrison, Samuel Jordan; and TJ’s land dispute with S. Scott search
- Radford, William; and Bear Branch land search
- Yancey, Joel (d.1833); and Bear Branch land search