To Martin Oster
Monticello July 5. 12.
I recieved, four days ago, a letter from M. de Pauly with such a statement of the facts in the case of Monsr & Mde de Beauvois as enables me to write him an opinion as to the course to be pursued. not knowing how the good offices1 to be rendered M. de Beauvois may be divided between you, I have thought it might serve him further to inclose you a copy of my letter to M. Pauly, which I now do. I embrace with pleasure every occasion offered of renewing the recollections of former acquaintance & the assurances of great esteem & respect.
PoC (MHi); at foot of text: “M. Oster Consul of France”; endorsed by TJ. Enclosure: TJ to Lewis A. Pauly, 5 July 1812.
1. TJ here canceled “required.”
- Oster, Martin; and P. Piernet’s will search
- Oster, Martin; letters to search
- Palisot de Beauvois, Ambroise Marie François Joseph; and P. Piernet’s will search
- Palisot de Beauvois, Mary Ann Rouelle (Jean Rouelle’s widow; A. Palisot de Beauvois’s wife); and P. Piernet’s will search
- Pauly, Lewis Abraham; and P. Piernet’s will search