From Archibald Robertson
Lynchburg 16th May 1812
I have made enquiry of the Inspectors & others that saw Mr Bankheads Tobo inspected and must decline for the present making an offer for it, the quality not being such as would suit us—
I take the liberty of troubleing you with a letter herein for Mr Higginbotham, which you will have the goodness to forward on your return to Albemarle—
By the bearer you will receive the articles in your memo—I remain—
RC (MHi); between dateline and salutation: “T Jefferson Esqr”; endorsed by TJ as received 16 May 1812 and so recorded in SJL. Enclosure not found.
TJ’s memo is not recorded in SJL and has not been found.
- Bankhead, Charles Lewis (Ann Cary Randolph Bankhead’s husband); tobacco crop of search
- Brown & Robertson (Lynchburg firm); TJ’s account with search
- Higginbotham, David; mentioned search
- Robertson, Archibald; declines tobacco purchase search
- Robertson, Archibald; letters from search
- Robertson, Archibald; letters to accounted for search
- Robertson, Archibald; sends goods to TJ search