To Patrick Gibson
Monticello Mar. 29. 12.
The season of paying my debts now coming upon me I requested you in my letter of the 15th to make some remittances for me, to which I am now to add one of 200.D. to Benjamin Jones of Philadelphia, ironmonger, and another of one hundred and thirty Dollars to Ezra Sarjeant of New York printer. I do this on the presumption of the sales of my flour, as it gets down, putting you in funds for me. there are still 150. barrels to go down of which Johnson was taking 40 on board yesterday evening. when he returns he will take another load of it and 5. hhds of tobo
I write by this post to mr Jones & mr Sarjeant to inform them that they may expect their remittances from you within a few days after they shall recieve my letters. Accept the assurance of my great esteem & respect.
PoC (ViU: TJP); at foot of text: “Mr Gibson”; endorsed by TJ as a letter to Gibson & Jefferson and so recorded in SJL.
- boats; transfer goods to and from Richmond search
- flour; sale of search
- flour; transported to Richmond search
- Gibson, Patrick; letters to search
- Gibson, Patrick; payments made for TJ search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); payments made for TJ search
- Johnson, William (waterman); carries flour to Richmond search
- Johnson, William (waterman); carries tobacco to Richmond search
- Jones, Benjamin; TJ pays search
- Richmond, Va.; boats transfer goods to and from search
- Richmond, Va.; flour shipped to search
- Sargeant, Ezra; TJ pays search