From George Jefferson
Richmond 24th Octr 1811
I have received of Mr Griffin W. & R. Mitchell’s dft on Robert Gamble for 600$ due the 5th of next month, which is accepted.
I now inclose a note for your signature, to renew with at the Bank.—I also inclose 3 blanks, which, if you think proper, you can1 fill up and return, as it will save you the trouble of frequent applications.
RC (MHi); at foot of text: “Thomas Jefferson esqr”; endorsed by TJ as received 26 Oct. 1811 and so recorded in SJL. Enclosures not found.
SJL records a missing letter from TJ to Jefferson of 20 Oct. 1811.
1. Manuscript: “call.”
- Gamble, Robert; merchant search
- Griffin, Burgess; Poplar Forest overseer search
- Jefferson, George (TJ’s cousin); and payments to TJ search
- Jefferson, George (TJ’s cousin); and TJ’s bank note search
- Jefferson, George (TJ’s cousin); letters from search
- Jefferson, George (TJ’s cousin); letters to accounted for search
- Mitchell, William & Reuben (Lynchburg firm); TJ’s transactions with search
- overseers; make contracts for sale of wheat search
- Poplar Forest (TJ’s Bedford Co. estate); Overseers at; make contracts for sale of wheat search