From Edmund M. Blunt
New-York. Oct. 21, 1811
Permit me respectfully to beg your acceptance of Nautical Almanac for 1813— If consistent with rule of propriety may I beg your influence with Secretary of the Navy for his order for my Edition, to be used by the Officers— Mr Garnetts Edition for 1813, contains no less than 45 errors, all of may1 I have pointed out.
Edm M Blunt
RC (DLC); between dateline and salutation: “Hon Thos Jefferson”; endorsed by TJ as received 27 Oct. 1811 and so recorded in SJL. Enclosure: Blunt, The Nautical Almanac and Astronomical Ephemeris for the year 1813 (New York, 1811; Sowerby, description begins E. Millicent Sowerby, comp., Catalogue of the Library of Thomas Jefferson, 1952–59, 5 vols. description ends no. 3810).
1. Thus in manuscript.
- Blunt, Edmund March; letters from search
- Blunt, Edmund March; Nautical Almanac and Astronomical Ephemeris for the year 1813 search
- Garnett, John; Nautical Almanac and Astronomical Ephemeris search
- Hamilton, Paul (1762–1816); secretary of the navy search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; works sent to search
- The Nautical Almanac and Astronomical Ephemeris (E. M. Blunt); sent to TJ search
- The Nautical Almanac and Astronomical Ephemeris (J. Garnett); errors in search