To David Bailie Warden
Monticello July 10. 11.
Th: Jefferson presents his friendly salutations to mr Warden and having recieved a single copy of the Review of Montesquieu he is anxious to have the benefit of the safe conveyance by mr Warden & the Essex to get it to France. he again therefore takes the chance of a letter still finding him at Washington & of asking his care of it with a repetition of his wishes for a happy voiage.
RC (ViU: TJP); dateline at foot of text; endorsed by Warden. PoC (DLC); endorsed by TJ. Enclosure: TJ to Lafayette, 10 July 1811, and enclosure.
- Commentary and Review of Montesquieu’s Spirit of Laws (Destutt de Tracy); TJ forwards to Destutt de Tracy search
- Destutt de Tracy, Antoine Louis Claude; Commentary and Review of Montesquieu’s Spirit of Laws search
- Essex, USS search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; sends books search
- Warden, David Bailie; departure for France delayed search
- Warden, David Bailie; letters to search