From George Jefferson
Richmond 13th June 1811
I yesterday received inclosed in a letter from Mr Griffin, S. J: Harrison’s dft on G. & J. at 25 days sight for $:2731.⁹⁹⁄₁₀₀, which at maturity will appear at your credit.— No more of your flour has arrived.—I rather suppose if you have time to look over our letters, that you will find you have been advised of the sale of the whole of it. As the amount will lie useless in our hands, we hope that you will at your earliest convenience direct its appropriation.
RC (MHi); at foot of text: “Thomas Jefferson esqr”; endorsed by TJ as received 15 June 1811 and so recorded in SJL.
SJL records a missing letter from TJ to Jefferson of 10 June 1811.
- flour; at Richmond search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); flour sold for TJ search
- Griffin, Burgess; Poplar Forest overseer search
- Harrison, Samuel Jordan; buys tobacco from TJ search
- Jefferson, George (TJ’s cousin); and payments to TJ search
- Jefferson, George (TJ’s cousin); letters from search
- Jefferson, George (TJ’s cousin); letters to accounted for search
- Jefferson, George (TJ’s cousin); sells TJ’s tobacco search
- overseers; and sale of tobacco to S. J. Harrison search
- Poplar Forest (TJ’s Bedford Co. estate); Overseers at; and sale of tobacco to S. J. Harrison search
- Richmond, Va.; flour shipped to search