From James Monroe
Washington April 16. 1811.
The minister of Russia, Count Pahlen & his brother, having intimated their intention to make you a visit at Monticello, I have taken the liberty to give them this introduction. The publick character of these respectable foreigners, would, I well know, secure them your kind reception, & friendly attention, but you will be gratified to know that they have high claims from personal merit.
RC (DLC); endorsed by TJ as received 21 Apr. 1811 and so recorded in SJL.
- Jefferson, Thomas; Correspondence; letters of introduction to search
- Monroe, James; introduces T. Pahlen search
- Monroe, James; letters from search
- Monticello (TJ’s estate); Visitors to; Pahlen, Nicolas search
- Monticello (TJ’s estate); Visitors to; Pahlen, Théodore search
- Monticello (TJ’s estate); Visitors to; Poletika, Petr Ivanovich search
- Pahlen, Nicolas search
- Pahlen, Théodore, Count; letters of introduction for search
- Pahlen, Théodore, Count; visits Monticello search
- Poletika, Petr Ivanovich; visits Monticello search