To John Hollins
Monticello Apr. 3. 11.
Accept my thanks for your kindness in procuring & forwarding the Plaister. by the present post I desire Messrs Gibson & Jefferson to forward you the amount, 86. Dollars from Richmond where alone Baltimore bills can be had. your friends at Carrsbrook & Warren were all well yesterday. this morning mr & mrs Patterson leave Carrsbrook for Baltimore. ever affectionately yours
PoC (MHi); at foot of text: “John Hollins esq.”; endorsed by TJ.
Hollins’s friends were Peter Carr and Hetty Smith Stevenson Carr at Carr’s-brook, and Wilson Cary Nicholas and Margaret Smith Nicholas at Warren.
- Baltimore, Md.; currency search
- Carr, Hetty Smith Stevenson (Peter Carr’s wife); family of search
- Carr, Peter (TJ’s nephew); mentioned search
- Carr’s-brook (Peter Carr’s Albemarle Co. estate) search
- currency; Baltimore search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); and gypsum acquired by TJ search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); payments made for TJ search
- gypsum (plaster of paris); shipped search
- Hollins, John; and gypsum search
- Hollins, John; letters to search
- Hollins, John; TJ pays search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; payments to J. Hollins search
- Nicholas, Margaret Smith (Wilson Cary Nicholas’s wife) search
- Nicholas, Wilson Cary (1761–1820); mentioned search
- Patterson, Dorcas Spear search
- Patterson, William search