To Nathaniel H. Hooe
Monticello Jan. 16. 11.
Mr Shoemaker has failed in delivering me the boat load of flour promised, but has just given me an order on Richmond for 250. D. paiable the 30th inst. which I inclose by this post to Gibson and Jefferson to recieve and remit the money to the1 bank of Fredericksburg subject to the order of Mrs Dangerfield or yourself, which I trust will not fail to be done. accept the assurances of my esteem & respect.
PoC (MHi); at foot of text: “Nathaniel Hooe esq.”
1. Reworked from “you.”
- Bank of Fredericksburg search
- Daingerfield, Mary Willis; TJ hires slaves from search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); and slave rental by TJ search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); payments made for TJ search
- Hooe, Nathaniel Harris; letters to search
- Hooe, Nathaniel Harris; TJ hires slaves from search
- Jefferson, George (TJ’s cousin); mentioned search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; slaves hired search
- Shoemaker, Jonathan; ships flour to Richmond search
- slaves; hired by TJ search