From John Graham
Dept of State 11th1 Jany 1811
I had yesterday the Honor to receive your Letter of the 5th Inst. and should have immediately sent you the Paper you ask for, but it was then in the hands of a Gentleman belonging to the Senate. He has returned it this morning in consequence of my having written him a Note to do so, and I am now engaged in taking a Copy of it for the Office that you may not be put to the trouble of having it copied for us at Monticello.—By the next Mail I shall have the pleasure to send you the original which is in your own hand writing.
With Sentiments of the most Respectful Regard & Esteem
I presume you are apprised that a Despatch vessel is going to Europe about the 1st of the next Month. Mr Erving will go in her.
RC (DLC); at foot of text: “Thos Jefferson Esqr”; endorsed by TJ as a letter of 11 Jan. 1812 received 13 Jan., but recorded in SJL with correct year of composition and receipt.
1. Manuscript: “11st.”
- Denmark; G. W. Erving appointed special minister to search
- Erving, George William; appointed special minister to Denmark search
- Graham, John; and “Chronological Series of Facts Relative to Louisiana,” search
- Graham, John; letters from search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Writings; Chronological Series of Facts Relative to Louisiana search
- Louisiana (Spanish and French colony); “Chronological Series of Facts relative to Louisiana” (Jefferson) search
- State Department, U.S.; “Chronological Series of Facts relative to Louisiana,” search
- “Chronological Series of Facts relative to Louisiana” (Thomas Jefferson) search