From William Chamberlayne
Richmond Decr 27th 1810
I recd yrs of the 11th inst yesterday, yrs of the 17th of Augt I have not recd. I think the claim for the Doctors attendance &c proper, & if I was acting for myself there wd be no difficulty about it, but as executor to an estate where there are doubts about its Solvency, it may be proper to act with more caution than I wd otherwise do. I will thank you to forward me the Amt for attendance &c and if I should object to any part, I will inform you & submit it to any person you may think proper to appoint.
RC (MHi); endorsed by TJ as received 30 Dec. 1810 and so recorded in SJL.
- Chamberlayne, William; and slaves of Shackelford estate search
- Chamberlayne, William; letters from search
- Everette, Charles; account with TJ search
- Everette, Charles; treats slaves search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; account with C. Everette search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; slaves hired search
- Shackelford, Lyne; estate of search
- slaves; hired by TJ search
- slaves; medical treatment for search