From Charles Yancey
Hopefull Mills—31st October 1810
the bearer Mr Yundt is the man with whom I have agreed for the Clover seed I wish Colo Randolph to take 5 bushels for Capt Saml Carr he is a respectable Citizen & has Came along himself to see You & Your Curiosities & will not impose himself I am Yours sincerely
RC (MHi); at foot of text: “Thos Jefferson Esqr late president of the united States”; endorsed by TJ as received 1 Nov. 1810; apparently unrelated calculations by TJ on verso.
On 1 Nov. 1810 TJ paid yundt ninety-six dollars for twelve bushels of clover seed (MB description begins James A. Bear Jr. and Lucia C. Stanton, eds., Jefferson’s Memorandum Books: Accounts, with Legal Records and Miscellany, 1767–1826, 1997, The Papers of Thomas Jefferson, Second Series description ends , 2:1261).
- Carr, Samuel (TJ’s nephew); and clover seed search
- clover; seed search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Correspondence; letters of introduction to search
- Randolph, Thomas Mann (1768–1828) (TJ’s son-in-law; Martha Jefferson Randolph’s husband); and clover seed search
- seeds; clover search
- Yancey, Charles; and clover seed search
- Yancey, Charles; introduces Yunt search
- Yancey, Charles; letters from search
- Yunt (Yundt), Mr.; letters of introduction for search
- Yunt (Yundt), Mr.; supplies clover seed search