From Charles Yancey
19th Octo 1810. Hop[efu]ll Mills.
I have seen Mr Yunt, I have agreed with him to bring You 12 bushels of Clean Clover seed. but the price is 8 Dollars pr bushel. he is also to bring 5 bushels for Capt Saml Carr, be pleased to ask Colo Randolph, to send him Word & to write me where to leave them. Your’s will be sure to be Delivered in the course of 3 weeks: & Capt Carrs also.—
the bearers of this has some well looking horses for Sale. I have informed them that Mr Bankhead wishes to purchase 5. or 6, they will call on You. I am w[ith] regard & esteem Your Mo Obdt Sert
RC (MHi); torn at seal; addressed: “Thos Jefferson Esqr Late president of the U S”; endorsed by TJ as received 20 Oct. 1810 and so recorded in SJL.
- Bankhead, Charles Lewis (Ann Cary Randolph Bankhead’s husband); purchases horses search
- Carr, Samuel (TJ’s nephew); and clover seed search
- clover; seed search
- horses; for sale search
- Randolph, Thomas Mann (1768–1828) (TJ’s son-in-law; Martha Jefferson Randolph’s husband); and clover seed search
- seeds; clover search
- Yancey, Charles; and clover seed search
- Yancey, Charles; letters from search
- Yunt (Yundt), Mr.; supplies clover seed search