To Henry Wheaton
Monticello Sep. 29. 10.
Th: Jefferson presents his compliments & his thanks to mr Wheaton for the pamphlet he was so kind as to send him, & which he has read with pleasure. he rejoices over every publication wherein such sentiments are expressed. while these prevail, all is safe, and he believes they will prevail through many & many ages. he is particularly thankful for the obliging expressions in mr Wheaton’s letter, and prays him to accept the assurances of his great respect.
RC (NNPM: Wheaton Papers); dateline at foot of text. PoC (CSmH: JF-BA); endorsed by TJ.
- An Oration, Delivered before the Tammany Society (Wheaton) search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; receives books search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Correspondence; responds twice to same letter search
- Wheaton, Henry; An Oration, Delivered before the Tammany Society search
- Wheaton, Henry; letters to search