From George Jefferson
Richmond 28th Septr 1810
I forwarded your two boxes of window glass by one of Mr Craven’s boats on the 26th
As I did not know the man; I was unwilling to trust him with the small packages.
I have heard nothing yet of Mr Shoemaker.
RC (Mrs. T. Wilber Chelf, Mrs. Virginius Dabney, and Mrs. Alexander W. Parker, Richmond, 1944; photocopy in ViU: TJP); at foot of text: “Thomas Jefferson esqr”; endorsed by TJ as received 30 Sept. 1810 and so recorded in SJL.
- building materials; window glass search
- Craven, John H.; ships goods to Richmond search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); and window glass for TJ search
- glass, window; sent to TJ search
- Jefferson, George (TJ’s cousin); and window glass for TJ search
- Jefferson, George (TJ’s cousin); letters from search
- Richmond, Va.; J. H. Craven ships goods to search
- Shoemaker, Jonathan; ships flour to Richmond search