To James Dinsmore
Monticello Sep. 26. 10
Johnny Hemings is just entering on a job of sash doors for the house at Poplar forest, and tells me he cannot proceed without his sash planes & the templet belonging to them in your possession. they may come safely in a box by the stage, to the care of mr Higginbotham. if you could send them by Sunday’s stage you would oblige me. Accept my best wishes.
RC (ViU: TJP); addressed: “Mr James Dinsmore Montpelier. near Orange C. H.”; franked. PoC (MHi); endorsed by TJ.
- building materials; carpentry tools search
- building materials; door and window frames search
- Dinsmore, James; letters to search
- Dinsmore, James; works at Montpellier search
- Hemmings, John (TJ’s slave; b. ca.1776); tools of search
- Higginbotham, David; mentioned search
- Montpellier (Montpelier; J. Madison’s Orange Co. estate); work at search
- templets search
- tools; at Poplar Forest search
- woodworking; tools search