From John Graham
Washington 19th July 1810
I had the Honor to receive this morning your Letter of the 15th Inst: together with two Packets for Mr Warden, a Letter for Mr Pinkney, and one for Mr Bourne to be forwarded to Europe; and a Letter for Mr Richardson to be sent to Jamaica.
The Packets and Letters for Europe came in good time to go in the Hornet Sloop of War to sail from Newyork about the last of this month—I have put them under cover to Lieut. Miller of the Marine Corps, who goes out in her, charged with the Dispatches from this Dept: and have written to him that the Secretary of State requested that he would take charge of them, and cause them to be delivered in the way you point out.
The Letter for Mr Richardson I have put under cover to Mr Savage our agent at Kingston, Jamaica, and shall send it to the Collector at Newyork to be forwarded from thence.
I shall at all times be happy to avail myself of the advantages which my situation afford me, to forward your Letters to Europe, and shall be proud, if I can in any other way, be useful to you.
RC (DLC); at foot of text: “Thos Jefferson Esqr”; endorsed by TJ as received 23 July 1810 and so recorded in SJL.
- Bourne, Sylvanus; letters to mentioned search
- Gelston, David; collector at New York search
- Graham, John; letters from search
- Graham, John; TJ sends letters through search
- Hornet, USS (sloop) search
- Jamaica; TJ forwards letter to search
- Miller, Samuel search
- Pinkney, William; letters to mentioned search
- Richardson, George; and communication with Jamaica search
- Richardson, Richard; and G. Richardson search
- Savage, William Henry; as U.S. agent at Jamaica search
- Smith, Robert; secretary of state search
- State Department, U.S.; forwards letters search
- Warden, David Bailie; letters to mentioned search