To Randolph Jefferson
Monticello June 11. 10.
Yours of the 8th is recieved. I thought it had been agreed between us that I should give you information only when I should be notified of the time of my attendance in Richmond, and that not writing would be evidence to you of my continuance at home. in fact my journey to Richmond is put off to the Fall. I shall therefore be at home till the middle of July, about which time I shall go to Bedford, and shall hope to see you & my sister here before I set out. my absence on that journey will be of about a month. all here are well and join in wishes & salutations to you both.
PoC (ViU: TJP-CC); at foot of text: “Mr Randolph Jefferson”; endorsed by TJ.
- Jefferson, Mitchie Ballow Pryor (TJ’s sister-in-law; Randolph Jefferson’s second wife); family of search
- Jefferson, Mitchie Ballow Pryor (TJ’s sister-in-law; Randolph Jefferson’s second wife); TJ invites to Monticello search
- Jefferson, Randolph (TJ’s brother); letters to search
- Jefferson, Randolph (TJ’s brother); proposed visit to Monticello search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Family & Friends; relations with R. Jefferson search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Travels; plans visit to Richmond search
- Poplar Forest (TJ’s Bedford Co. estate); TJ visits search