To John Graham
Monticello June 7. 10.
Having permission from the Secretary of state to ask a communication of any papers in his office relating to the case of the batture, I will take the liberty of addressing myself to you in the detail to avoid giving him unnecessary trouble. I am particularly anxious to get the Memoire of Moireau de Lislet on that subject, & with the least delay possible. if in your office (as I know it was) will you be so good as to send it to me by return of post? if in the hands of mr Rodney or of the translator, will you do me the kindness to apply for & send it to me to save time? with these requests be pleased to accept the assurance of my great esteem & respect
PoC (DLC); at foot of text: “Mr Graham”; endorsed by TJ.
- Batture Sainte Marie, controversy over; TJ requests documents search
- Graham, John; and batture controversy search
- Graham, John; letters to search
- Moreau Lislet, Louis; on batture controversy search
- Rodney, Caesar Augustus; and batture controversy search
- Smith, Robert; and batture controversy search
- State Department, U.S.; and batture controversy search