To Jean B. Porée
Monticello May 21. 10.
Your favor of the 2d instant has been duly recieved, together with the Essay of M. Julien on education, & I pray you to accept my thanks for the favor you have done me in being the channel of conveying it. this will be still1 increased should you permit my acknolegements to M. Julien for this mark of his attention to find a place in any letter you may have occasion to write him, which moreover I shall take care to express to him myself in a future letter to be addressed to him.
with my regrets for the indisposition which has so seriously affected you since your arrival, recieve my wishes for a speedy convalescence & the assurances of my respect & consideration.
PoC (MHi); at foot of text: “M. Porèe”; endorsed by TJ.
1. Word interlined.
- education; Essai Général d’Education (Jullien) search
- Essai Général d’Education physique, morale, et intellectuelle (Jullien) search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; receives books search
- Jullien, Marc Antoine; Essai Général d’Education physique, morale, et intellectuelle search
- Porée, Jean Baptiste; conveys book to TJ search
- Porée, Jean Baptiste; letters to search