From Jonathan Shoemaker
[ca. 1 Mar. 1810]
we have not been able to get but very Little Flour off1 & that not untill this Morning & the Quantity so Small that I hardly think it worth wile to go on to Richmond after it, I will however make an Arangment with our factor to Pay Gibson & Jefferson on thy account 200$ by the middle of next weak
I have Sent 3 ℔ Butter
RC (MHi); undated; addressed: “Thomas Jefferson Esq.”; endorsed by TJ as a letter of 1 Mar. 1810.
1. Word interlined.
- butter; J. Shoemaker sends search
- flour; sale of search
- food; butter search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); and Shadwell mills’ leaseholders search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; account with Shoemakers search
- Richmond, Va.; flour shipped to search
- Shadwell mills; flour from search
- Shoemaker, Jonathan; letters from search
- Shoemaker, Jonathan; ships flour to Richmond search