To Randolph Jefferson
Monticello Dec. 8. 09.
I send by Squire the Gigg harness, and shall be very happy if after your return, instead of sending it you would avail yourself of it to pay us a visit here with my sister. she promised me a visit in the spring but the distance is too short to require it to be put off to so remote a period. perhaps too you might find an absence from home during winter less inconvenient than after the operations of the farm & garden shall have been begun in the Spring. however we shall be happy to see you both at your own best convenience. in the mean time accept for both the assurances of my affectionate esteem.
PoC (ViU: TJP-CC); at foot of text: “Mr Randolph Jefferson”; endorsed by TJ.
my sister: TJ’s sister-in-law Mitchie B. Pryor Jefferson.
- gigs; harness for search
- household articles; gigs search
- Jefferson, Mitchie Ballow Pryor (TJ’s sister-in-law; Randolph Jefferson’s second wife); family of search
- Jefferson, Mitchie Ballow Pryor (TJ’s sister-in-law; Randolph Jefferson’s second wife); TJ invites to Monticello search
- Jefferson, Randolph (TJ’s brother); letters to search
- Jefferson, Randolph (TJ’s brother); TJ loans gig harness to search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Family & Friends; relations with R. Jefferson search
- Squire (R. Jefferson’s slave) search