Notes on Winter Vegetable Needs
wrote for to mrs Lewis
Nov. 28. 09.
we found the above not to be half a provision for the winter.1 it shoul[d] be
|1. of the beds of||salsafia||=||2. bush = 4|
MS (ViU: TJP); written entirely in TJ’s hand on a small scrap in at least two sittings; edge trimmed.
TJ’s note to Mary lewis is not recorded in SJL and has not been found.
1. Remainder of text written in a different ink.
2. TJ here wrote “turn over”; remainder on verso.
- beets search
- carrots search
- celery search
- food; beets search
- food; carrots search
- food; celery search
- food; parsnips search
- food; potatoes search
- food; salsify search
- food; turnips search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; account with M. W. Lewis search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Writings; Notes on Winter Vegetable Needs search
- Lewis, Mary Walker (Nicholas Lewis’s wife); letters to accounted for search
- Lewis, Mary Walker (Nicholas Lewis’s wife); sells victuals to TJ search
- Monticello (TJ’s estate); vegetables for search
- parsnips search
- potatoes search
- salsify search
- turnips; TJ orders search
- women; letters to accounted for; M. Lewis search