Instructions for a Carriage
- A handsome chariot for both city & country use, consequently to be made
- very light, and to be hung absolutely low, without any regard at all to the
- modern fashion, as low as they came in former times, which the dangerous
- roads of the country absolutely require.
- a very1 large semicircular light behind.
- quadrantal lights in each hind quarter.
- Venetian blinds and glasses2 to all the lights, & spring curtains
- calico lining
- plated beads & cypher.
- qu? plated caps to the hubs of the wheels.
- a driver’s box to be taken off or on easily. by 4. screws.
- a light boot to be off or on at pleasure. in this, have no regard to the ridiculous
- fashion of enormous boots.
- no lantherns.
- 2 pr. plated harness, with both pads & postillion saddles, to be easily changed.
PrC (DLC); blurred; letterpressed to second page of enclosing letter.
1. Word interlined.
2. Preceding two words interlined.