To John Murray1
[New York, April 2, 1799. Letter listed in dealer’s catalogue. Letter not found.]
1. ALS, sold in 1898 by John Cadby, Albany, New York, Catalogue 33, Item 133.
Murray, a New York City merchant, was a director of the Bank of New York from 1789 to 1794. In 1798 he was a director of the New York Office of Discount and Deposit and president of the New York City Chamber of Commerce. He owned property on Murray Hill in New York City.